Cookies are used to provide information to users, but also they allow presenting to them advertising & educational content relative to their interests and thei needs, in periods that the corresponding ad campaigns are active.
During your browsing in the website, except from the cookies that it uses, cookies from third party services might also be saved, for example:
- for statistical analysis purposes about the traffic and browsing in the website (e.g. analytics). The Google Analytics we use, are anonymizing your ip σας, so that it cannot be used to identify you.
- for advertising purposes (e.g. using google adwords or facebook facebook ads)
- for social networks or another form of internet marketing and display on the internet via the website (e.g. facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, google+, skype, linkedin, etc)
- for embedding videos and maps (e.g. youtube, vimeo, χάρτες Google etc)
- for additional tools which may be used
Cookies are divided in the following categories:
- Necessary Cookies. They allow basic site functions to run. Without these necessary Cookies, its smooth operation is directly affected and your personal navigation experience is limited.
- Function Cookies. These cookies remember your preferences while browsing the web so you can more easily find the content you are interested in.
- Performance cookies. Performance cookies collect information about how visitors use the website. They allow us to see which pages they visit more often, inform us if they encounter a problem while navigating etc. These cookies do not collect information that identifies the visitor as the information is aggregated and hence anonymous. They are only used to improve the way the site works
- Advertising Cookies. These cookies are used to provide ads related to you and your interests. They are also used to send ads or offers that best fit your needs, thus reducing unwanted and meaningless promotional messages. They also help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
- Cookies Analytics. They are a subtotal of function cookies, giving us the ability to evaluate the effectiveness of the various features of our site.
Third party cookies and Google cookies
Google Analytics features can be used for display ads (e.g., remarketing, Google Display Network display reports, etc.). Using ad settings, visitors can opt out of Google Analytics for display ads and also adjust Google Display Network ads. Here are the available Google Analytics opt-out options for the web.
The website and third-party providers, including Google, may use together a cookie (such as the Google Analytics cookie) to update, optimize, and display ads. The site may use data from Google’s interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics.
You can disable the site’s cookies from the corresponding option found on each page of our website, as well as third-party cookies from your browser settings.
For more information about disabling cookies, please visit your browser’s official website.
If you would like to ask more about the cookies policy of the site, you can send us an e-mail directly or fill out a contact form.
For ensuring the safe exchange of data between the server which hosts the website and the visitor, we use SSL. This creates an encrypted connection between those two, which prevent them from being intercepting by malicious users.
For technical reason, the pages which host third party tools for booking excursions, tours and tickets are excepted.
Personal Data Collection Policy
When sending a message using the contact form of the website or any other form included in it, none of the information given by the user is saved in the database.
The personal data given by the user during online booking of tickets, excursions, transfers and tours, are deleted from the database 12 months after the date of the corresponding excursion, tour, transfer or travel. The access in the booking lists which include personal data, is performed strictly by authorized users with password check.
The IP address is provided by the internet provider and used by the user’s PC to access the internet therefore the website.
In some cases the IP address is stored for technical and security reasons and it may be also used for collecting data for statistical analysis.
In case that the IP address is available, it may be shared, upon request in accordance with the Law provided for, by the competent police of judicial authorities or state authorities.
The IP addresses which are saved in the server’s log files, are deleted automatically after 30 days.
Google Analytics that run in the website are using IP Anonymization so the user cannot be identified through them. They are set to delete the collected data after 26 months.